Monday, December 8, 2008

Welcome to the Insanity

I am, of course, exaggerating. I feel pretty certain that this process is no more insane than any other, but I'm an attention seeker so there you are.

I have never written a blog before. Blogging came of age while I was boiling my own drinking water in the Peace Corps, and I continue to be amazed at how two years out of culture can really you set back. Things that confuse me: ipod playlists, camera phones, poufy skirts, and Miley Cyrus. But that's probably another blog.

Anyway why am I here? Many reasons.
1. CPP (the ONE) has acquired that "oh god, she's ranting again" look. So this is a way for me to express myself without hurting or annoying the ones I love.
2. Maybe someone out there has some solutions to the questions:
Can you make your wedding your own and still respect your parents and where you came from?
Do you really have to have a color scheme?
If people are wearing tuxes, can you still serve fried chicken?

But really I'm hoping to find some perspective on this whole wedding thing. Because you tell yourself again and again that you know what's important ( I get to marry my true life partner, and this makes me the luckiest person in the world), but as soon as you start to research venues, catering, dresses, flowers, music, photographers, the important stuff gets buried. And if letting it all out here helps me remember the good stuff when I'm with my loved ones, then that is a good thing.

Welcome. Thank you for joining me.

2 comments:

may said...

i definitely vote for fried chicken at the reception...but then again when have I ever turned down fried chicken..

Unknown said...

Francine and I went to a ritzy black tie wedding with all the trimmings and the highlight of the evening was paper cones stuffed with french fries. Serve ANYTHING you want...just make sure there's food for vegetarians, the lactose intolerant, those allergic to tree nuts, etc. Great blog! -Neil H.