Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wholesale Flowers

Do I have a date yet? No, are you kidding?
Do I have a venue? No way.
Do I know what dress to wear? What? I have to wear a dress?

But I am doing a lot of research on many other things, like flowers.

(my engagement roses)

See, I like flowers. I think they're pretty and smell nice. FP agrees. But we don't want to spend a fortune on them because well, they die, and as long as they're not dying, well, they sort of look the same to us. So grocery/Costco/wholesale flowers are totally the way to go for us. However, since I am not a florist and as I mentioned above, I can't tell flowers apart, I had no idea what kind of flowers I should be considering for the wedding. And so I have found freshroses.com. They grow their own flowers, have tons of helpful information about doing the flowers yourself, including pictures and lists of flowers according to month (brilliant!), and they seem to have a real sense of humor. I support that. They're based in CA so I'm not sure if I will end up using them in our wedding, but I thought I'd pass along the website.

Am I planning our wedding in the most haphazard way? Perhaps. But this is how I get to have fun.

No comments: